Teaching Online Contents
Overview of the institution
Founded in 1961, Sussex is a top 20 UK university that uses research, a unique location and a strong sense of purpose to broaden its students’ perspectives. Sussex is a world-leading research university with many projects led by the foremost academics in their field, each driven by the belief that you can only make the future if you know what it looks like. Together, our approach, location and purpose equip our students with a broader education and a broader picture of life. These are qualities that employers value highly, with 96% of Sussex graduates being employed within a year, making it one of the UK’s most successful universities for employment.
Location and facilities
We shape the world from an exceptional location that combines both tranquility and energy. We are the only UK university surrounded by a national park, allowing our students to explore the hills, woodlands and of course the pubs of the South Downs. Nine minutes away is the vibrant city of Brighton and London can be reached within one hour by train. Our single site campus boasts excellent facilities including a 24 hour library, bars, cafes and shops, comprehensive sports facilities, a health centre, dentist and pharmacy, multi-faith facilities and a range of on and off campus accommodation.
- School of Business, Management and Economics
- School of Education and Social Work
- School of Engineering and Informatics
- School of English
- School of Global Studies
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
- School of Law, Politics and Sociology
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of Psychology
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- 18th in the UK: The Complete University Guide (CUG) 2017
- 18th in the UK: The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 18th in the UK: The Times Higher Education Table of Tables 2017
- 20th in the UK: The Guardian University league tables 2017
- 6th for graduate prospects:The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 7th for graduate prospects: The Guardian University league tables 2017
- 149th in the world: The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016–17
- In the QS World Rankings 2016-17, we have been:
ranked 187th in the world
rated number two in the world for Development Studies
For many Indian students aspiring for high quality education in the field they choose, studying abroad on scholarships is a great idea. Scholarships make education affordable and enable you to access the best universities in the world. The Chopras Overseas Consultants match you to the right university based on your merit.
Careers: Unique student support
Nationally, we are one of the highest UK universities for employability, meaning that our graduates make an enormous contribution to the UK’s intelligent workforce, while our research enhances efficiency and productivity in government and business with specific research projects being turned into innovative business ideas. The University of Sussex offers a full careers service which organises careers fairs, offers CV and interview support as well as careers guidance.