Teaching Online Contents
- 1 University of East Anglia in the United Kingdom
- 1.1 ABOUT US
- 1.2 A wide range of study opportunities
- 1.3 Overview of the institution
- 1.4 Location and facilities
- 1.5 Departments/Subject areas
- 1.6 Scholarships
- 1.7 Rankings
- 1.8 Careers: Unique student support
University of East Anglia in the United Kingdom
East Anglia, traditional region of eastern England, comprising the historic counties of Norfolk and Suffolk and, more loosely, Cambridgeshire and Essex. The traditional central town is the cathedral city of Norwich, which since 1961 has been the site of the University of East Anglia and its Centre of East Anglian Studies.
The University of East Anglia (UEA) has been ranked 12th by The Times Good University Guide 2017 and 14th by The Complete University Guide 2019.
We are an internationally renowned university based in a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students.
The campus is located in 320 acres of rolling parkland just two miles from the centre of Norwich, the cathedral city, and England’s first UNESCO City of Literature. This uniquely-placed University is also a leading member of Norwich Research Park, one of Europe’s biggest concentrations of researchers in the fields of environment, health and plant science.
A wide range of study opportunities
Here at the UEA we offer over 450 undergraduate and postgraduate courses for you to choose from plus an inspiring range of PHDs and studenships to explore.
You will be able to take control of your learning in a variety of ways at UEA as many of our courses include hands-on classes or modules where you get to put what you’ve learnt in lectures into practice on projects or even in real-world research. You can even look to study abroad and explore your horizons even more.
We also provide further study opportunities from continuing professional development courses through to learning a new language at an evening class.
Overview of the institution
The internationally renowned University of East Anglia is one of the highest ranked universities in the UK known for student satisfaction. UEA prides itself on the excellent academic, social and cultural facilities it offers to over 15,000 students.
Location and facilities
UEA’s attractive 320 acre campus is located on the outskirts of the historic city of Norwich, England. The campus reflects a perfect combination of natural beauty and architectural flair and has won more than 20 architectural awards. Some of the facilities offered to students include a post office, a bank, a laundrette, bookshops and ample places to eat and drink.
Arts and Humanities
Medicine and Health Sciences
The UK scholarships are awarded to meritorious students who have excellent academic skills and also to those who come from economically weak backgrounds. There are minority-based scholarships, career-specific scholarships and college-specific scholarships too. We at Chopras Overseas Consultancy, offer accurate information about UK scholarships, duration, course enrolment and other aspects of overseas education in the UK.
There are 5 types of study overseas scholarships that are well known in the mainstream:
- Merit-Based: Merit Based aid originated as a result of top tier universities finding themselves in a bidding war for desirable students. Troy Miller once stated, ‘Instead of students competing to get into the best colleges, have the colleges competing to get the best students’. Merit based awards are hence typically granted on the basis of academic, artistic, athletic or other extracurricular based superiority.
- Need-Based: The predominant condition to be eligible for a Need-Based Scholarship is financial assistance. Student groups who originate from monetarily less fortunate backgrounds may be eligible for such study abroad scholarships. Although academic profiles may be considered, the primary concern and decision making process is based on the monetary well being of the student’s family. These study overseas scholarships may provide coverage ranging from full tuition fees to partial tuition fees, living costs or even the cost of books at times.
- Student-Specific: These study overseas scholarships are largely granted to students with distinct characteristics that could range from race, gender, religion or even medical issues. They can be better classified as minority based scholarships as they strictly target minority groups that may be disadvantaged at some level and are given the opportunity to compete on common grounds through financial aid.
- Career-Specific: Certain areas of study often come under financial aid provision to address supply shortages and the generic longer term outlook for careers stemming from those areas. Universities have an agenda to produce talent that will benefit employers to recruit talent that perform skilled tasks that otherwise may require outside options. Hence, students pursuing listed skill shortage areas may gain substantial financial assistance from various institutions.
- College-Specific: Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, to enhance their ideologies and knowledge systems, universities introduce programmes and study abroad scholarships that are unique to their prestige. These scholarship opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. This is often awarded in the form of reduced tuition fees.
University of East Anglia is among UK top 15 universities. It has ranked 14th in the Guardian University Guide and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015.
Careers: Unique student support
Students have access to range of career related service through the university’s Career Central that includes a new online resource zone, opportunities window, one-to-one appointments with careers advisers, enterprise guidance and much more. The service also helps students find part-time jobs, work experience, paid internships and volunteering opportunities.