Teaching Online Contents
- 1 Durham University in the United Kingdom
Durham University in the United Kingdom
Overview of the institution
One of the oldest residential universities, Durham University takes pride in its traditions and values that it instills in its students. The 16 colleges look after the students’ personal development and welfare. There are 3 faculties that aim to impart knowledge to the students. All students actively participate in college activities. Durham University is one of Europe’s leading center of learning. In 2013/2014 it had just over 17,000 students.
The Business School is one of the few that holds a triple accreditation from AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System). The university has been ranked as one of the safest universities in the UK to study in.
Location and facilities
Durham University has campuses both in Durham and Stockton-on-Tees. The City of Durham is a 40-minute drive from Newcastle.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Department of Classics and Ancient History
- Department of English Studies
- Department of History
- School of Modern Languages and Cultures
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theology and Religion
Faculty of Science
- School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Psychology
Faculty of Social Sciences and Health
- School of Applied Social Sciences
- Durham University Business School
- School of Education
- Foundation Centre
- School of Government & International Affairs
- Law School
- School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health
Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, universities introduce programmes and study-abroad scholarships that are unique to their identity. These study international scholarships opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. They often award in the form of a reduced tuition fees. With extensive partnerships with colleges worldwide, we have all necessary resources to match talent with study overseas scholarships. Contact The Chopras now for getting the right scholarship based on your academic merits and other talents.
- 2013 Times Higher Education World University Rankings: 80th
- 2013 QS World University Rankings: 90th
- 2009 Global University Ranking:70–71
- 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities: 201–300th
- 2013 CWTS Leiden Ranking: 63rd
- 2013 The Economist: MBA Programme ranked 72nd in the world
- Financial Times Masters Rankings: Masters in Finance ranked 31st
- Financial Times Masters Rankings: Masters in Management programmes ranked 50th.
- 2012/2013 QS Distance Online MBA Rankings: Global MBA ranked 7th
2013 The Economist EMBA Ranking: Executive MBA ranked 49th
Careers: Unique student support
The Careers, Employability and Enterprise Centre organises 4 careers fairs every year at Durham University. The largest, Employer Information fair is in October.
The Law Fair in November sees many affluent law firms come to recruit.
Science, Engineering and IT (STEM) have a separate fair in February.
They also have a career sector focused event that is called “Discovery Fair” during the year.