CBSE Sample Science Paper for Class 7 FA2
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
COMMON FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT – I
CLASS: VII—– MARKS: 40
SUBJECT: SCIENCE —– DURATION: 90 mins
Write your roll number on question paper
All questions are compulsory
Read the questions carefully
Question 1 to 5 are multiple choice questions carrying 1 marks each
Question no. 6 carry 5 marks
Questions 7 to 10 carry 2 marks each
Questions 11 to 14 carry 3 marks each
Question no. 15 &16 carry 5 marks each
I ) CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER —— 5 MARKS
1. Which part of the plant gets carbon dioxide from the air for photosynthesis.
(a) root hair (b) stomata (c) leaf veins (d) sepals
2. Plants take carbon dioxide from the atmosphere mainly through their:
(a) roots (b) stem (c) flowers (d) leaves
3. Water from the undigested food is absorbed mainly in the
(a) stomach (b) foodpipe (c) small intestine (d) large intestine
4. Which of the following does not yield wool?
(a) Yak (b) Camel (c) Goat (d) Woolly dog
5. Stainless steel pans are usually provided with copper bottoms. Thereason for this could be that
(a) copper bottom makes the pan more durable.
(b) such pans appear colourful.
(c) copper is a better conductor of heat than the stainless steel.
(d) copper is easier to clean than the stainless steel.
II ) FILL IN THE BLANKS ——- 5 MARKS
6. A. The food synthesised by the plants is stored as _________________.
B. The largest gland in the human body is __________.
C. The inner wall of the small intestine has many finger-like outgrowthscalled _______.
D. The term related to silk production is ____________________.
E. No medium is required for transfer of heat by the process of __________.
III) ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
7. Distinguish between a parasite and a saprotroph. 2M
8. Give a brief description of the process of synthesis of food in green plants. 2M
9. Name the type of carbohydrate that can be digested by ruminants butnot by humans. Give the reason also. 2M
10. Discuss why wearing more layers of clothing during winter keeps uswarmer than wearing just one thick piece of clothing . 2M
11. Name the following: 3M
(i) A parasitic plant with yellow, slender and tubular stem.
(ii) A plant that has both autotrophic and heterotrophic mode of nutrition.
(iii) The pores through which leaves exchange gases.
12. Make sketches of the two stages in the life history of the silk moth which are directly related to the production of silk. 3M
13. Explain the formation of land breeze with help of a neat diagram. 3M
14. Write two differences between clinical and laboratory thermometer. Draw diagram to show a clinical thermometer.
15. Explain the steps involved in the processing of fibres into wool. 5M
16. Draw a neat diagram to show human digestive system. Label the part of the digestive canal involved in. 5M
(i) absorption of food ________________.
(ii) chewing of food ________________.
(iii) killing of bacteria ________________.
(iv) complete digestion of food ________________.